- On 10/12/2020, Brian Noble, CEO of Peacemaker Ministries and coach handling the case, Sarah Schelley, and Steve Blount had a call in which Brian stated that after several intake phone calls he was recommending an alternative approach to the case than what was originally proposed (our typical structure). Brian recommended that Peacemaker Ministries come to FL and meet with each of the groups independently allowing the FBC Concerned Members to be FIRST as an act of good faith. Brian said it would not be beneficial to move forward with the process if these steps were not taken. The only action taken by FBC leadership was to approve Brian’s recommendation.
- An overview training and introduction to Peacemaker Ministries will be given first, followed by an Open Forum. This is where you will have an opportunity to share from your perspective what has happened. All information shared at the Open Forum is 100% confidential and is NOT discussed with other individuals. In essence, what happens here stays here.
- The Sat.10/24 meeting is for the FBC Concerned Members ONLY. If anyone from another group involved tries to attend, they will be asked to leave and participate in their own group’s time. The exception to this would be Deacons who were put under “church discipline”. If those Deacons would feel more comfortable attending the FBC Concerned Members group, they will be admitted.
- The process is completely voluntary. Attending this meeting does NOT in any way imply anyone is participating in the Peacemaker mediation process. Anyone at anytime can choose to not take part. We cannot mandate that anyone attends or completes the process. If after the training, anyone is uncomfortable continuing with the Open Forum, they are free to leave.
- The FBC Concerned Members group will fully oversee entry to their meeting site and help moderate the Open Forum. We understand the group may be large and want everyone to have a chance to speak.
- Peacemaker Ministries will not share the location of the FBC Concerned Members 10/24 meeting with anyone other than the 3 Peacemaker Ministries employees who will be attending.
- There is no recording permitted due to the confidentiality of the process and meeting. We will not ask anyone to pre-register or sign in or give us any information other than an estimated amount of individuals who plan to attend so we can have enough resources available.
Family Worship Service
- Everyone is encouraged to arrive by 5:30pm!
- Masks or facial coverings will be required at all times.
- No child care is provided. Each family is responsible for their own children.
LINK TO FAMILY WORSHIP SERVICE REGISTRATION FORM: